A Manager’s Course
If you’re a manager, your team working from home is probably on your mind.
COVID-19 has caught everyone by surprise and forced companies to send their teams to work from home. If you’re a manager in this situation, you probably are unprepared and wondering how to get your team to productive levels again. I’ve been working remotely for a decade and helped organizations thrive while not working together in the office.
I’m an instructor with:
In this course, we’re going to:
- Get your basic remote infrastructure setup
- Reproduce your “in-office” experience
- Move towards asynchronous and higher productivity
Here are the high level course outline with a number of videos for each section:
- Set up the core infrastructure
- Real time communication
- Project management
Reproducing the “in-office experience”:
- Kanban/Stick note boards
- Building in the water cooler
- Whiteboarding together
Slack best practices
Getting everyone on the same page
Feeling connected to your team
Being productive at home
Growing professionally while remote
Managing being around partner/kids in the house
I’m a software engineer who has worked remotely for over a decade. I’ve hired/managed over 50 people from around world.
- TheRemoteCTO.com - With my team of nine, located over 6 consultants, built 15 web and mobile products for clients. In every case, releasing the first version in less than 2 weeks.
- Triage.com - CTO - Managing a hybrid-team of 13 data scientists, data managers and engineers remotely who worked all over the world.
- WillowBee.ca - Product/Tech/Marketing, Co-Founder - I designed the most advanced Canadian Will and Testament builder. Our team of 5 is entirely distributed.
I have taught remote skills development to over 400 people at O’Reilly Training, and people love it.
Here are some screenshots of the actual reviews for my O’Reilly course: